The items on the gear list below will required over the four days. Each day you will only carry the personal belongings you require in a 32 litre day pack.
Essential Gear List
When you arrive at our Lodge please be dressed to begin your walk.
- Please have one small suitcase or similar which can stay at the Lodge and you will carry your daily requirements in your daypack.
- Lace-up hiking shoes or boots that have sturdy, treaded soles (full-grain leather or Gore-tex with Vibram soles recommended.
We can not over-emphasise the importance of appropriate footwear. Running shoes, sandshoes, elasticised boots and similar are not acceptable. Boots/shoes must be worn-in to minimise the risk of blisters. You will be unable to commence the walk without the appropriate footwear, so please feel free to contact us for more details. We are more than happy to discuss footwear with you.
- Polar fleece jacket (preferred) or woollen jumper/pullover
- 2 x long-sleeved shirts (good sun protection)
- Thermal top
- 2 x t-shirts
- Shorts and/or light walking trousers
- 3 x hiking socks
- Swimmers (summer only and small body chamois or towel)
- Lightweight indoor footwear (crocs/sports sandals)
- 2-litre water bottle or bladder
- Change of clothes for the evening (casual)
- Toiletries (we provide Myrtle & Moss shower products)
- Any personal medication, including anti-inflammatories and EpiPens
- Face masks - enough for the duration of your walk, keeping in mind we don't provide daily laundry facilities. Masks with filter preferable. For public health advice on masks click here
- A small bottle of hand sanitiser to use whilst on track. You can refill at the lodge each evening.
* DENIM AND COTTON CLOTHING ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Quality day pack
- Waterproof jacket
- Ankle gaiters
- Walking poles
* Tip: Layering of clothing has long been the basis for dressing in the outdoors and the gear list above follows this principle. When the temperature drops, we add another layer of insulation; if it rains, we add a rain shell on top and when it’s warm and dry, we strip off a layer.
* Your guides will do a thorough gear check prior to departure. If you are unsure about anything on the gear list, please call us or talk to your local outdoor adventure store.