The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and the National Privacy Principles (‘NPP’s) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
Methods of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the Internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP (internet Protocol) address and domain name.
We send out electronic newsletters to contacts who have opted-in to receive marketing communication. To sign up to receive these we ask you to provide us your name and email address. If you no longer wish to receive electronic newsletters, you may opt-out of them by unsubscribing using the link provided in the email.
The data we collect from you on our websites will also be stored in HubSpot. Tracking cookies and matching this to your personal information, allows us to display and send you content that is most relevant to you. Through using HubSpot we may also carry out the following activities:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing our website, based on criteria such as your location, other personal information or your activity on the Australian Walking Company website
- Send you information that we think may be of interest to you by email, or other means
- Send you promotional offers, content and information about our products and trips
- Track and analyse your website behaviour and interaction with our emails and social media, and also automatically send follow-up emails based on this information
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes of which it was collected (as set out above). Although, we may disclose personal information about you to:
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern; and
- our related entitled and other organisations that we have affiliations with for the purposes of providing you with information about services and various promotions that might be of interest to you.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The Australian Walking Company takes data security very seriously. Your personal information is stored in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures. We use 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology that protects information as it is sent from your browser to our secure server. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard.
Payments made by you over the internet
By utilising NAB (National Australia Bank Ltd) Transact - Direct Post we ensure no sensitive card payment data enter our environment directly. Payment card details are posted directly from your web browser direct to the NAB Transact payment gateway via HTTPS. NAB in turn confirm the payment has been received by providing only a masked card number, expiry date and card type. By utilising NAB Transact - Direct Post for our payment processing we can offer our customers complete PCI DSS compliance while still hosting our own payment page.
Payments by card received from you other than through our website
Card details received from you over the phone or any means other than through our website is entered over a HTTPS connection by our staff into NAB Transact, the National Australia Bank’s eCommerce payment solution. Any physical record of sensitive card information is destroyed.
Access and Correction
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information where the Privacy Act requires us to do so. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and so linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please feel free to contact us at:
Postal address: PO Box 7686, Launceston TAS 7250
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: 03 6392 2211
Facsimile: 03 6392 2277